Walk into LunchboxWax with hair you don’t want, leave feeling bare, beautiful, and confident in just a matter of minutes! As a full-service speed-waxing salon, we deliver a unique customer experience. It’s true what they say about us—hair today, gone tomorrow. We utilize refined, effective speed-waxing techniques to give you that smooth skin feel and undeniably sexy look.
It’s time to bare your beauty! Put down that razor and book your appointment with LunchboxWax.
As a premier waxing salon, we are extremely selective about everything, from our employees to our location! Everything about our services is designed to give you a luxurious experience that is perfectly catered to your needs. Walk into one of our clean, urban salons and you’ll immediately feel like you’re in capable, caring hands. We’ve designed a proven waxing service that is followed up by specially formulated products to make your experience flawless, at our salon and at your home!
If it’s your first time getting a Brazilian wax, don’t worry. We want to make your experience as easy and comfortable as possible, so we’ve created a useful guide for what and what not to do.
What to DO before your appointment:
- DO freshen up. Make sure the area is prepared and clean before your appointment.
- DO let it grow. Waxing works best when the wax has a good grip on your hair, which usually requires some length. Allow for at least ¼ inches of length before you have your appointment (but the longer, the better). Stop shaving for at least 2 weeks before your appointment.
- DO wear your comfiest panties. Your skin will be quite sensitive after the waxing session. Wear your most comfortable pair of cotton briefs to avoid irritation.
- DO inform your waxologist about medications. Before your appointment, make sure you tell your waxologist about any medications you might be on that might not be compatible with waxing. For example, antibiotics, Accutane, and some topical creams might not be compatible with Brazilians. Ask your waxologist just in case.
- DO relax. Relaxing can be difficult if you’ve never experienced a Brazilian before, but being tense or anxious can cause more pain or discomfort during the waxing process. Don’t worry! You’re in good hands.
What NOT to do before your appointment:
- DO NOT shave the area. Avoid shaving within 2 weeks of your appointment. Your experience will be a lot easier if you have more hair in the area to wax. It allows the wax to have a better grip.
- DO NOT tan the area. Avoid tanning your waxing area 24 to 48 hours before your appointment. Tanning makes your skin more sensitive, which could heighten the irritation of your skin after waxing.
- DO NOT drink alcohol or a lot of caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine both act as vasodilators (they constrict your blood vessels), which tighten your pores and cause an increase in pain sensation.
- DO NOT use numbing creams. Trust us; they don’t really make a difference.
Does a Brazilian wax hurt?
Brazilian waxes, like any other waxing service, does involve some discomfort, and everyone experiences pain and discomfort at different levels.However, most of our clients can agree it is not a terrible experience that would make them not want to get their next Brazilian! But staying relaxed through the process can help reduce discomfort caused by tension and anxiety.Most find that with time they get easier as the hair follicles shrink and the hair grows back softer and most slowly. Bring some music, practice some deep breathing, eat some chocolate before the appointment—do small things for yourself that can ease your anxiety during the waxing process.
Brazilian Waxing Aftercare
If this is your first Brazilian waxing appointment, we have some tips for caring for your bikini area and what to expect in the next few days or weeks. Your first Brazilian appointment will remove the hair that has grown above the skin. Hair grows in different cycles, so it may take a couple of appointments before all your hair is on the same cycle, which will leave you bare and smooth for longer.
How long should I let my hair grow before my next Brazilian?
Hair growth rates differ, but typically you should schedule your next appointment time in 3-4 weeks. Remember, you shouldn’t wax before you have a good hair growth of at least a fourth of an inch.
How long until I can resume physical activity?
Wait for 24 to 48 hours before resuming your usual day-to-day exertions, such as working out or being intimate. This timeline will give your skin time to heal and close your hair follicles, which will prevent more irritation.
Why do I see redness, bumps, or stubble after my wax?
Irritated skin can cause redness and bumps, and this should disappear anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days. If you see stubble, remember that your hair grows in cycles. Consistent regular waxing will help get your hair all on the same growth pace, which will prevent stubble growth and patchiness.
As soon as you arrive, our waxologists aim to make you feel as comfortable as possible and ready for your appointment.
Our team at LunchboxWax Burlington provides fast and reliable results, so most of our Brazilian appointments only take about 30 minutes. You don’t have to stay here all day to get a satisfying, smooth result.
- Step 1: Cleansing to remove oils or lotions
- Step 2: Protecting the area with a pre-wax oil
- Step 3: Waxing process with warm wax and strips