Neatly Modest or Nearly Bare? We Do It All!
When you want to keep things tidy, LunchboxWax Las Colinas is here for you. Our bikini waxing services in Irving are perfect for anyone, whether you’ve never been waxed or you’re a bit more experienced. If you’re getting ready for fun in the sun or you just like a neater look, visit our waxologists today!
Read on to learn more about what to expect, or call (469) 778-4770 to book your appointment!
What Is a Bikini Wax?
A bikini wax is designed to quickly and effectively remove unwanted hair from the pubic region that might otherwise be seen while wearing a bikini-style bathing suit. Using hot wax, our trained and certified waxologists remove the hair at the root for smooth, long-lasting results with no prickly razor stubble.
Of course, swimsuit season is far from the only reason people choose to get a bikini wax. Many of our customers just like a tidier feeling or the convenience of always being prepared for intimate moments. Our bikini waxing services range from modest—just inside where a tradition bikini bottom sits—to a tight, extended bikini, which comes in a bit more and includes a bit of the inner thigh and back of the leg. The decision is yours! (Looking to bare it all? Check out our Brazilian waxing service!)
Before Your Bikini Wax: How to Prepare
So, you’ve scheduled an appointment for a bikini wax at our Las Colinas waxing salon in Irving. To make sure you have the best experience and achieve your desired results, we’ve put together a few do’s and don’ts to keep in mind ahead of time.
Before your Bikini Wax appointment, DO:
- Grow out your hair. For the wax to properly grip the hair, there must be at least ¼ inch long (think: a grain of rice). Most people need about two weeks’ worth of growth to reach the ideal length—and too long is better than too short.
- Wear comfy panties to your appointment. Your skin will be sensitive following your bikini wax, so wearing comfortable briefs made of natural fibers (preferably cotton) can help minimize further irritation.
- Bring a list of any medications you are taking. Some medications, such as Accutane, antibiotics, and topical creams, can interfere with successful waxing results. Make sure to inform your waxologist of any medications before we begin, so we can make any necessary adjustments.
- Ask any questions you might have. Trust us, we’ve probably heard it before. We want to make sure you’re completely at ease, so if you have a question or concern, we’re happy to address it!
- Relax and keep breathing. We know it’s not always easy, but tension or anxiety can actually make the waxing process more painful or uncomfortable. Just focus on your breath and remember that we’re trained professionals.
Before your appointment, DON’T:
- Shave within two weeks of your appointment, preferably longer.
- Tan or expose the area to direct UV rays within 24 to 48 hours of the appointment.
- Drink alcohol or excessive caffeine; they tighten pores and create a more painful experience.
- Apply numbing creams; the right technique is just as effective and much less hassle.
During the Appointment: What to Expect
At LunchboxWax Las Colinas, we do everything we can to make your bikini wax in Irving as comfortable and efficient as possible. Depending on the style of bikini waxing you select, your appointment should last around 15 to 30 minutes.
We follow a three-step waxing process:
- Cleanse to remove any oils or lotions
- Prepare and protect the skin with our pre-wax oil
- Perform our refined waxing techniques using warm wax and strips
Before you know it, you’ll be beautifully bare and back on your way, feeling more confident than ever.
Does Getting a Bikini Wax Hurt?
Most waxing involves a bit of temporary discomfort. However, the level of sensitivity is different for everyone. You can minimize any pain by taking slow, steady breaths and asking questions to ease any anxiety. Waxing often becomes less painful with continued practice, since the hair grows back softer and slower.
How Often Do I Need to Schedule a Bikini Wax?
On average, our clients schedule their bikini waxes every three to six weeks. Everyone’s hair grows at a slightly different rate, so your waxologist can advise the right timeline for you. Just remember, you’ll need ¼ inch of new growth.
Is There Specific Aftercare for a Bikini Wax?
Your skin will likely be sensitive, so be gentle for the day or two afterward, especially if this was your first bikini wax. You may also see new growth sooner than you expect, as it can take a couple appointments before the hair’s three growth cycles are in sync.
Should I Avoid Physical Activity after a Bikini Wax?
For the first 24 to 48 hours, it’s best to avoid working out or being intimate, as the skin and hair follicles may still be sensitive or irritated.
Why Do I See Redness, Bumps, or Stubble after My Bikini Wax?
Redness and bumps are the skin’s natural reaction to the irritation caused by the waxing process, and some people’s skin is more sensitive than others. This should subside with a few hours but may last up to a few days for especially sensitive skin. Because of the three distinct hair growth cycles, stubble is common after the first wax or two, until all the hair catches up to the same growth cycle.
Book Your Bikini Wax in Irving
At LunchboxWax Las Colinas, we deliver reliably smooth results so you can look and feel your best. Even better? Our skilled waxologists do so quickly and comfortably to give you a positive bikini waxing experience in Irving. Visit our waxing salon today for a longer-lasting hair removal solution.
Schedule your appointment online or call (469) 778-4770 now!