Our Brazilian Wax Options in Las Colinas
During a Brazilian wax appointment, our waxologists use hot wax to remove hair along the pubic region, undercarriage, and up the rear end. Don’t want it all to go? No problem! With a Brazilian wax, you can opt to leave a runway or triangle in the front.
How to Prepare for Your Brazilian Appointment
In order to have the best experience at our Las Colinas wax salon in Irving, we have provided a number of things you should and shouldn’t do before your appointment with us.
What to DO for your appointment:
- Relax and breathe. Being tense or anxious can cause more pain or discomfort during the waxing process. Trust us; you’re in good hands!
- Let it grow. In order for the wax to grip your hair, it has to grow long enough. Allow for at least, ¼ inch of length before your appointment (but honestly, the longer the better). Try not to shave for at least 2 weeks beforehand.
- Wear comfy panties for your appointment. After your wax, you are going to be very sensitive. Make sure you wear comfy briefs (advisably cotton) to avoid irritation.
- Inform your waxologist of any medications you are taking. Antibiotics, Accutane, or topical creams might not be compatible with waxing. Make sure to inform your waxologist beforehand, just in case.
What NOT to do before your appointment:
- Shave within 2 weeks of your appointment.
- Tan the waxing area 24 to 48 hours before.
- Drink alcohol or a lot of caffeine, which causes your pores to tighten and the experience to hurt more.
- Use numbing creams – trust us, these won’t make a difference.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
When you arrive, you can expect our waxologists to make you feel comfortable and ready for your appointment.
Most Brazilian appointments with LunchboxWax Las Colinas are about 30 minutes. Our team is dedicated to fast and reliable results – no one should have to spend their whole day to get a satisfying smooth result!
Our process can be broken down into the following steps:
- Cleansing to remove oils or lotions.
- Protection with a pre-wax oil.
- Waxing process with warm wax and strips.
If this is your first time getting a Brazilian wax, our waxologists can also prep you with some aftercare tips for staying fresh and smooth for as long as possible.
How much does a Brazilian wax hurt?
Everyone experiences waxing differently. Most people do feel some sort of discomfort during a Brazilian wax, but staying relaxed through the process can help reduce discomfort caused by tension or anxiety.
After Care for Your Waxing
If it is your first time getting waxed, your first appointment will remove the hair that has grown above the skin. Because hair grows in different cycles, it may take a couple of appointments before all your hair is on the same cycle and leaving you bare and smooth for longer.
How long should I let my hair grow before my next appointment?
Everyone’s rate of re-growth is different, but typically you should schedule your next appointment in 3-4 weeks.
Does a Brazilian wax hurt?
Like with other types of waxing services, there is some pain involved with getting a Brazilian. However, most of our clients to not find it to be the terrible or unmanageable. As you continue to get regular Brazilian waxes, you will most likely find it gets less and less painful as the hair follicles shrink with time and hair comes back in finer and more slowly.
How long before I can resume physical activity?
If you are looking to work out, tan, or get intimate, we would recommend waiting 24 to 48 hours before resuming. This will give your skin heal and your hair follicles to close, preventing further irritation.
I’m seeing redness, bumps, or stubble after waxing – what’s that about?
Irritation after the waxing experience is very natural. Redness and bumps should recede between a few hours to a couple of days. If you are seeing stubble after your wax, remember that hair grows in cycles and that consistent and regular waxing will help get your hairs all on the same growth pace.
If you are ready to schedule an appointment, contact our Las Colinas Brazilian wax team in Irving today. Our dedicated staff cares about providing calming and comforting experiences for everyone who comes to see us. Get smooth and reliable results today!
Schedule your appointment or call (469) 778-4770.